Throughout the period of the From Russia with Love project, our evaluator Patrick Yarker watched the workshops and exhibition visits in action; spoke to pupils, teachers and staff involved in the project and even went back to some of the schools who took part. Patrick’s brief was to assess the value of the project and what it meant to those people who were involved.
We’d like to thank everyone who took part in this process and provided us with some excellent information about the impact of the exhibition. Some comments we received were as follows:
- Thank-you for giving us the opportunity as a family to see some of the world’s greatest paintings by making [it] affordable for us
- Thank-you for a wonderful day.
- Had it not been for the reduced entry tickets it is unlikely that we would have attended.
- The observational skills of the children were excellent—and the more they looked the more they saw.
- All our pupils were interested but I was drawn to one who has a statement of Special Educational Needs… They were asking higher level questions like why and who, and were able to discuss their emotional response to the paintings… Seeing them in such surroundings made all the difference.
- The children have loved discussing ‘The Kitchen’ and imagining ourselves within the scene. The historical differences between our lives and the lives of the people in the painting have proved fascinating for the children. (First School teacher)
- The fabulous old house made me feel like wanting to paint.
- It inspired me to recreate my own artwork.
- It inspired me to copy oil painting.
The Executive Summary of the Evaluation Report can be downloaded here.